Bufo bufo juvenile

H

henk

Well I found this juvenile in my garden and I just couldn't resist making the shot.

24315.jpg

I have a little Bufo bufo juvenile that I found in my sister's rabbit cage. It must have been eating all the flies and other invertebrates. I would have left it there but my sister wanted to keep it as a pet in its own terrarium, she has already creatively named it Poop. So now it's lived in an aquarium, no water except for a dish, lots of cover and gravel, for a month and it has become more tame and completely diurnal. Sometimes it spends hours at the side of its tank looking at the axolotl in the tank next to it, it clearly has no idea of the danger it would get self into if it actually attacked this animal, luckily it doesn't have the chance.

I think its probably wondering if it could eat it
happy.gif

What a beautiful shot!

My small toads are the subject of incredibly close scrutiny by my Bearded Dragon, Nitro. The toad terrarium sits next to and below the Dragon habitat, and whenever the toads are out and about, sometimes it excites Nitro to the point of where he's actually hopping around in his habitat like a field mouse.

I think he just wants to eat the toads, and that's his way of throwing a tantrum.
lol.gif

I geuss the life of any herp is all about eating. Toads wanting to eat neighboring axolotls, lizards wanting to eat toads. I feel sorry for the animals of people who thinks its safe to put them together. If I put all my pets together, including two rabbits and a dog I'ld be left with a huge bloody mess.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back