Fbt with a bloody eye

S

sandy

hello everyone i need some help with one of my 5 fbt's today i went to feed them and one had a bloody right eye and it was hiding and i just let it be for a while and went back to check and it seem's to be back to normal what could of caused this? anyone here please help me thank-you sandy.

Was the eyelid bloody or blood coming out of the actual eye? If it was blood on the eyelid it's possible that it could have climbed to the top of the tank and rubbed it raw on the underside of the tank's lid in an attempt to escape.

Other than that, I really don't know what to tell you.

jeff i saw the eye covered in blood and i didn't know what to do so i left it alone and i went back to check on it and it was not bleeding nomore and now its like a black cloudy looking will it be ok so far it's eating and jumping around and sounding off that noise they make please say it will be ok i have 5 of them that's the only one that got hurt they are in a 10 gallon tank with land and a pool with a filter in it is that ok thank-you very much for bein the only one to answer me sandy i really appreciate it.

It is hard to say. Just keep tabs on him and if he appears to start to languish separate him from his roomies.

hello mark he seem's to be eating and swimming but the eye is dark not like the other one's what could that mean ? thank's for the head's up on my dilemma sandy.

Can you get a picture of the eye, and some of your tank's set-up?

Sounds like there could be some long term damage to the eye, but it shouldn't be a problem in captivity.

jeff i can't get a picture of my setup i can only describe the setup it is half coconut bedding and a dish of water with a filter in it and i have a nite light over the top of the tank to keep them warm and that it besides live and plastic plant's with hiding place's sandy.

How warm are you keeping them? The warmest it should be is 79F. You should have a temp gradient in the tank that goes from 79-74F during the day, and 69-72F at night. Humidity should be 80%.

Do you have any bromeliads in the tank that have little barbs along the leaves?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back