My FBT's New Home

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Michael Shrom
Just thought I'd post a couple pics of my FBT's new home.

30017.jpg

30018.jpg

(Message edited by jennewt on May 26, 2006)

Nice tank are those all real plants? How many fbts in there?

Thanks! Yep, all real plants. I only had 2 when I took the picture, but I just got two more brown ones, they were buy 1 get 1 free! With all the new space I figured they'd like some more company.
For the divider I used a piece of plexiglass & used aquarium silicone & glued some rocks to it to give them something to hold onto while crawling up it, seems to work really well so far.

Awsome tank man. What size is it. I did the same thing with a 10 gallon and my 2 FTBs love it. Good idea with the slant and the glueing of the rocks.

Thanks John! I think it's a 20 long, seems like a perfect size for them. I saw the divided tank idea at the Cleveland Natural History Museum last month & thought it was a good idea. I figured the slant would be better for them & my girlfriend came up with glueing the rocks when I was trying to think of how to make it easier for them to climb up it. I've got a Duetto 50 filter in the corner of it & one of these days I want to make a little waterfall with it.

just a suggestion but you could cover the substrate moss (if you can get it) it just makes the tank more natural, also i would put a few hiding places on the land area.

Nice,kind of reminds me of a setup Jennewt use to have.
Are you having trouble keeping the land out of the water?

impressive!!! hai my toads will only be here this sundays, keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Yes, I'm getting some dirt at the bottom of the slope now. I'm definitely going to try to get some moss growing on the dirt as soon as I can find some under all the snow we have now!

Thought I'd post my firebelly toad home (in a 20 gallon tank)---there is water under the "floating" toad house that they swim in as well.
30873.jpg

hello mike what kind of plants are in your tank? the tank setup is great how do i setup a tank for 5 fir bellied toad's? thank's sandy.

i just seen the date but i am still interested in the plant's and the setup.

hello does anyone know the names of the plants in the tank? thank's sandy.

On a quick glance in the last picture they are all plastic.
In Mike's tank the upright plant is one of the Dracenas, the large leaves coming in from the right is a dumbcane and I can't remember what the pink stuff is off the top of my head.

Ed

(Message edited by Ed on May 26, 2006)

hello ed great call off your head now what's the little pink plant? are they good for in the tank and how do you prepare them for the tank potted or not potted? i only want the best for my fbt's thank-you sandy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back