FBTs and laying ?

G

graham

I have 4 FBTs in a 2ft tank 50/50 setup.not sure of the sex of them at least 2 are calling especialy after lights out.one is a female and i am certain she is full of eggs as she has got as fat as she is long.she has been like this for about 10 days now.still feeding like a pig and as active as ever.i havent seen any amplexing but that doesnt mean there hasnt been any.How long can it take before she lays?

I'm not sure how long it takes once she is pregnant, but she sounds like she's acting just like my female did right before eggs appeared in the tank. I don't know how long she was like that though...(I don't even know what day this is, so I'm no judge of time.
happy.gif
)

Good Luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back