PDA

View Full Version : I have mold on my log.


john
22nd December 2004, 22:38
I had a little log in with my FTB's and it started to grow mold on it do to the moisture in the tank. I took it out for now. Is the mold harmful to them in any way? What can be done to prevent this mold? It grows on the rocks to and the half log hide.

pollywog
23rd December 2004, 17:53
What you need to do is soak the logs in a bucket of water for a few days before putting them in the tank. This should stop the mould from developing.
Is it deffinatly mould as if it grows on the rocks too its more likely to be a moss or algae.

(Message edited by pollywog on December 23, 2004)

john
27th December 2004, 20:02
sweet. Moss would be nice. I will go ahead and soak that log. thx very much.