Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

D.imitator

M

mark

72213.jpg

72214.jpg

72215.jpg

72216.jpg

S

samuel

i recognise these frogs! great pics mate, definitely a new favourite!

A

alan

We evil froggers are slowly luring him away from caudates! ;-)

S

samuel

ahah! well, i am not being lured away from my lovely caudates per say, i am just looking elsewhere to fulfil the needs that caudates cant... i still love them...just they dont hop or flick their little tongues! hehe!

M

mark

I have 6 KJ. Here's a proud father carrying a tadpole on his back.
77396.jpg

M

mark

He’s growing well thanks Sam. The parents are doing a great job of caring for the little fella. They check on him daily and feed him every 6 days like clock work.

A

alex

wow, thats great mark.
im gonna make it one of my ambitions that before i join the raf at 18 i will have a dendrobatid of some sort, hopefully an imitator, because they are stunning.
what dentrobatids do you get in costa rica, as im going there on a field trip, focusing on reptiles and amphibians.
i only know of the strawberry poison arrow frog

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1