Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Stinky getting worse

G

Guydyon

Hi, I posted before about my Stinky, under another username (luis).

(First of all, I apologise to the moderators for using a new username, I had trouble with the first one since the forum was changed. If there I did wrong, please contact me to fix it, please)

He was getting red, after one day we were taking a giant anchorworm and he started to bleed.
After, he stopped swimming and eating, would just stand on the bottom and ocasionally would come up for some air. We put him on the fridge and took him out after a couple of days, since he was looking better, and this twice, because out he got worse again.
I noticed he really couldn't swim, when he would go up for air he would fall down again, sometimes on his back.
Two days ago put him out to see if he would eat something. He didn't, and yesterday night he was so weak that he didn't move. I wasn't sure if he was alive. Still, I put him back to fridge, to see if I could save him. For now I did, he moves again, but very slowly and very little.

Have no idea what's with him. First someone warned me about amonia, but for long he hasn't been in the tank and I change his water everyday or twice per day.

Could he have any infection? What can I do? He's still little...

digger

Reaction score
hi sorry to hear stinky is so poorly
the only advice i can give is keep him in the fridge
people on here tend to recommend that you cover the container in ther with something dark so as the light doesnt cause distress when you pen the door.
hope someone can help you more as i have been lucky with mine and not had any trouble.
good luck and i hope he improves quickly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1