hello from louisiana

jshadowstalker

Ambystoma Enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
jody fabre
hello my name is jody fabre. i'm a resturant manager and father of 2 beautiful children a boy and girl.i'm 38 years old, was born and raised in south louisiana where my love of amphibians and reptiles started.over the years i'm had quite a few diffrent job's....fast food, land scaping, and a few difrent pet shop's .i have breed several diffrent species of reptiles and have decided that i'm gonna start breeding newts and salamanders.well i'm learning as i go and think i'll have an amphibian zoo by next year ...lol. at present i have 14 diffrent types of salamanders and newts and hope to have over 25 by next year. i'm always interested in meeting new people feel free to e-mail me.

Wow, that's a lot of species! Care to tell us which ones you are breeding/keeping? Good to see you on the forums and I hope to see posts of larvae and information.

i'm going to try a few diffrent speci this year.i got a beautiful pair of tylototriton kweichowensis that are first on my list, 8 pairs of ambystoma mexicanum, got a couple male cynops cyanurus really wanting females, got a trio of salamandra salamandra i'm going to try,a 40 gallon half aquatic set up with 6 taricha granulosa, some triturus karelinii from micheal shrom. most of the other animals i have are not paired...got to keep my eyes open for them. my kweichowensis are spending a whole lot of time in the water so i'm hopeful there gonna do the newt tango

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back