suberip

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Display Name
Vassilis
Hello,
I need your help pls. :/
My newt is now some days going out of water and her skins dry.
Is this a way to suicide or what?Is she sheeding?

Pls help me as soon as possible cause i dont want to die :(
I am trying to keep her wet pushing water to her skin and doesnt seem to react,but is alive or trying.

May the high temp at greece that we have (35oC out of water - 26 in water) make her feel uncomfotable ?

thank.

My advice would be to change the setup to an all aquatic tank with plants that the newt could hang on to near the surface, but no place where it could climb out compleatly. they don't need to get out of the water, as long as they have places to hang out near it, it should be just fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back