Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Squee!

zuko

Reaction score
I am completely amazed! I've recently posted in the sick axie forum about how much better Allegro is doing... even his behavior has changed. For example, he now BEGS for food... anytime me or my father walks in the room, he sticks his face right up in the air and sits there, waiting for someone to drop some food on him.
He's also become incredibly infatuated with my index finger. He loves to come up and nudge it around a little bit... sometimes he'll try and eat it, which is REALLY funny. His gills are continuing to grow back and he's so much more active!
Does anyone have any good ideas for keeping an axie well entertained? Now that he IS more active, I'd like to make sure he has plenty of stimulation... I think he'll be happier that way.

----------------
edit!!!---------
----------------
for the record, regardless of what my profile says, I AM NOT FROM ABU DAHB...err... wow. I'm sorry... I'm still trying to figure out a bunch of stuff on the new format. I swear, this site hates my computer!

Last edited:

axolotlover

Reaction score
toys for axies

i am glad to see he is doing better. if you want to keep him enterained try some ping pong balls filled with water, some lotls LOVE pushing them around, also hang some plastick baby toy rings in the tank they really like expirimenting with them.

~~~axolotlover~~~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1