Meet the newcommer!

teesha

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Teesha Vella
i have just bought a new axy from work. Seems to be female. She fooled me as i thought she was an axanthic, which she isn't...i don't think....
but she is pretty anyways! She is currently in quarentine and my very old camera tried to take some decent pictures....but failed..so here is the best (the pix don't do her colour justice)
anyone have suggestions for names?
She is going to be my current axolotl "wong choi/trekky" 's new friend!
btw, 2 axolotls can fit in a 2 ft tank right?

Attachments

• axanthic1.jpg
    axanthic1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 165
  • newaxy2.jpg
    newaxy2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 321
  • newaxy1.jpg
    newaxy1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 593
Personally I wouldnt keep 2 in a 2ft tank,I have 2 adult males in a 3ft tank and they do well there.

What exactly axanthic that you speak of?
I kind of colour variation?
My new/first axie looks similar in coulr to ours except he hasnt the re in his tail and is more olivey
like beigeybrown.
I dunno what he falls under and ive been trying to figure out what type he is..
Could he be axanthic?

She has no irridophores(shiney pigment) no yellow and only the dark pigment. So she is a little rare, maybe not axanthic.
still havent thought of a name.....
she's still in quarentine.

i was tossing between twirl, orby and squish..... for names...

Shes a very pretty girlie! ^_^

And I'm with Jay, I like Orby :wacko:

She's not axanthic. Dark axanthic axolotls will die within a few months of hatching. My opinion is that she's just a light colored melanoid. It's not rare. Mine was that color when he was younger.

hehe she sure is a looker- Im new on the forums, i just got back into axolotls, and I have a male, greenish/ gold named Maurice :proud:
I like strange names- how about your favourite flower or something :)

hmmmi think i named it twirl..... i just fell into the habit of it! I'm saving orby and squish for a future pet i have in mind.
I agree, she is just a funky wildtype. But she looks cool!
i took photos of them together but i can't get them onto this computer. They are doing alright.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back