Communication

It depends on what you consider communication. Would biting be considered a form of communication?:rolleyes:

Yes, mine definately communicate with each other through the tank divider. It looks like the main subject is either who is the boss ( or more pretty?), or who got the most food. They go and stand by the tank divider and stare at each other through it (with various expressions, i should add)

I Think so because if you wiggle your fingers above the water (being careful that only one sees you and not to touch the water) and wait untill it goes into hunt mode you will see that the others do too so they can at least read body language

What about talking to each other? Do you think they could have conversations or only copy each other at tea time. It would be really cool if they could. Maybe head movements are a form of communication like birds do. What else do you guys think

i think that would scare the s**t out of me

I Think so because if you wiggle your fingers above the water (being careful that only one sees you and not to touch the water) and wait untill it goes into hunt mode you will see that the others do too so they can at least read body language

xD oh my god, i absoloutly adore hunt mode. when i dropped a few axie pellets in the tank Loki would go into hunt mode, and if kenghis was near by he would do the same even though he was no where near the pellets, although loki always got them first >.<

i miss my kenghis :(

Whats hunt mode look like? Is this when they kind of raise there head and then start to float?? Sorry I'm still new at this, only had Salsa for about 5 days

When Banda goes in hunt mode she looks like shes sniffin the floor,her gils are spread out every single time just like when a dog perks his ears at sumthing exciting or interesting..
My brother thought she wagged her tail once..XD Im like sorry hun she was probably swimming

here is a pic of food up high hunt mode there is another one for sniffy out food on the floor. Nadia is modelling :)

Attachments

• Picture 141.jpg
    Picture 141.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 119
with my lot food comes in 3 forms. the first is presented infront of the face accompnied by fingers and should fingers ever enter the water then they are always worth investigating. the second is presented in the feeding dish as blood worm and the thrid runs about the tank in the form of river shrimps (though since i have got yoshi that is much less common as he vacumes them all up within mins) any other food source is ignored as being to much effort.

All animal life communicates in some form or another. Be it verbal or visual or secretions of chemicals.

Axies don't have the higer brain function to communicate in the same manner as humans or some other higher order species.

As everyone has attested to though there definately appears that there is some rudimentary form of communication between axies.

It is probably more communication about moods territory food etc rather than "Hi Hun hows your day"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back