Moomin BIIIIIIG!

Moomin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Miss_Bikealot
Moomin's gettin a little too big for his tank now! He's about 20 inches what do you thinks the best size tank for him?

Oh i think moomin gets bored also. Any ideas on how to entertain him?

Do you mean 20cm rather than inches? What size tank is he in now?

A 2ft long tank would do if he's 20cm, but if you intend getting another axolotl go for a 3ft long tank.

As axies mature they tend to become less active (unless foods involved!)

Yeah i'd go for the 3ft tank. My Beau has a 3ft and has heaps of room. The only time he's active is when im feeding him or if he thinks he's getting food. Sometimes he just swims around showing off and having fun.

If he really is 20" then wow! that would be amazing and i'd love to see pics.

if its 20cm then 2ft upwards is good as people have already said. but the more space the better. i had 1 axie in a 4ft tank and he loved it. used to dart across the tank all the time for fun.

you can use things like ping pong balls, glass ornaments (as long as they aren't too small), bridges, tunnels, caves, plants. Several axie keepers use budgie swings and hoops for them to play on. the possibilities are endless.

I rounded it to 20" hes near enough that tho :) he s abig boy ahah(probably feed him too much) he's full grown now for sure!

Really need to get a big *** tank dont i lol!

20" = 20 inches. A 2ft tank is 600mm/60cm or 24 inches long. Sorry, for sounding sceptical but I think you may be mistaken. How big is the current tank he's in (in measurements? gallons means nothing to me - we deal in litres)

The record length for an axolotl is 17 inches, so I doubt Moomin is 20 inches.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back