Lungless sal or slug?

herptastic

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Mina
I found some eggs, I there was no female nearby but I still think that she might of been near by. Anyways there 3/4's mm or less (Im notsogood with metric) and are in between transparent and opaque, kind of cloudy.I libve in the NC pidmont, and as it seems to be were having a bit of a drought, I found them undleralog in a part of a [currently dry] shallow creek, close to wear the edge would be. I think mother probablly left for water, so as its only right behind my house, I took them, so either their mother left or they're slugs. And I cant find any land depositing sals/newts that breed at this time of year. (or in this weather) any ways this part of the dry creekbed was pretty dry, and the only thing else I found under it was an earthworm.

How can you be sure? I mean well, what makes you think that. they were in a nicer cluster than must slug eggs I've found, and there were no slugs around.

Salamander eggs are bigger than that.

If it was a grape-like cluster of loosely associated whitish cloudy eggs that were of that size, they're slug/snail.

Plethodontids usually lay earlier in the year, when it's rainy and there's lower risk of drying out.

Well I havent measured them, they're probbly bigger than that. I was downsizing and just a week or two ago it was really raiiny.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back