John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
I was wondering if there is demand for the forum to use other languages, such as German and French? Or even more exotic ones? This is quite possible. It would mean all of the forum links, etc, would work in German, for example. Obviously it won't translate posts made in English but it might make navigating the site easier for people.

If you would like a specific language, please post here and I'll put it on the list. This is pretty straight forward for me so don't be shy.

You can now choose German (du oder Sie) and Chinese languages. That's it for now. Obviously this only changes most of the menu options and general forum terms. Individual messages are still in English (usually).

swedish.....

Swedish?

It would be cool to be able to read,type and use the Swedish special characters...ä,å and ö

Though of course, with only 9,000,000 speakers it probably isn't worth it!;)

If you want to have å, ä and ö, you could also select Finnish language. Nice language with about 6 million speakers. Finnish also looks and sounds far more exotic than Swedish! Also, as a native Finnish speaker I would like it :tongue:

No, seriously, because all the messages in this forum are in English, I prefer having also user interface in same language. No need to other languages by me.

Joonas,
who speaks both Finnish and Swedish (and some English)

hej, trevligt att träffas!

Jag har lära sig svenska sedan Juni 2006. Inte så bra men jag börjar blir van!

Hur många finsk befolkning talar sevenska?

Vad är den svensk ord för 'newt'? :confused::rolleyes:

Hur många finsk befolkning talar sevenska?
5,5 % av finländare har svenska som modersmål. Finland är konstitutionellt tvåspråkigt: finska och svenska har samma juridiska status, även om den stora majoriteten talar finska som modersmål.

Vad är den svensk ord för 'newt'? :confused::rolleyes:
Vattensalamander eller vattenödla. Vattensalamander är rekommendabelt ord, tycker jag.

OK, let's change back to English. We were chitchatting about Swedish language in Finland.
And to our Swedish readers I must confess that neither of us are native Swedish speakers :eek:
Swedish is just something one must study in Finnish school system.

jag ser

Tack så mycket!

Jag tycker om den namn 'vattennöd'! i engelska 'needs water'! Perfekt!

Ja, min svensk kompisar tänka jag pratar sakteliga (mycket) - jag är så glad att jag kan förstå du!

It had been bugging me for ages that I didn't know the Swedish word for Newt - especially since mine is called Linnaeus (eller, Carl Von Linné)

Jag tycker om den namn 'vattennöd'! i engelska 'needs water'! Perfekt!
"Needs water" would be nice name for newts :grin: The true name vatten~ödla means "water lizard", and same idea has been copied also to Finnish language (from Swedish). In my language newt is "vesilisko", where "vesi" means water and "lisko" means lizard.

Only problem is that newts are not lizards (but salamanders). This creates lots of confusions and misunderstandings in every day life :mad:
In Sweden they have managed to change name to "water salamander", and I hope that something similar can be done also in Finnish. Sooner or later.

OK, this keeps being totally off-topic. Sorry about it!

Last edited:
I'm trying to only use official Vbulletin language packs right now and I don't think there's a Swedish one that's _official_.

*blush*

*blush* I think I got lost in translation! lol. :eek:

Thank you for trying for the Swedish pack anyway.

Italiano and Tagalog, two main languages I study, I doubt there would be a great demand, just putting out the word if anyelse is shy.

I´d have to say spanish...
I know we are a few...for not to say just a couple of spanish people here...but i´ve heard of some fellow spaniards visiting the site...maybe the reason why they don´t decide to participate is the language...Just a thought though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back