What my axies got up to while i was away in hospital....

dvsgal

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Sarah Borda
1. Buttercup chewed off daddys other leg
2. Daddy changed sexes
3. Buttercup dropped 4 batches of eggs
4. Daddy ate most of em and bloated
5. The 1st leg daddy lost grew back the wrong way
6. Buttercup ate all the plants
7. And when my mum put daddy in a seperate container cos of his leg, he kept jumping out.
Im happy to be home and now be able to move and keep an eye on them. *sigh*
What got me a bit confused is that daddy is about 3-4 years old and now he/she (gotta get used to it) changes sexes?

Gosh your axies have been busy. Your mum seems to have coped though despite the jump!

Very funny, provided me with a bit of amusement while having my cup of tea!

So if Buttercup had the eggs and Daddy is now "female" (or have I got that the wrong way round, but assuming being named Daddy...), then who is the father? Do you have another?

One of our females, we discovered, after finding spermataphore in the female tank was in fact male, he just didn't have a prominent/large cloaca like our others - bit of a late developer!

There is no father well not now anyway.. :|
Its just them 2, however the egg dropping started after mum put a mirror as a background for them, she thought they looked lonely and bored so this will make them think there is other axies. I have removed the mirror just incase that was the problem. So far everything is normal as i left it. Except for poor daddy, or should i say dadette? ^__^

Axolotls don't change sex so i'd say those eggs are cause he's a boy and buttercups a girl. Other then that i'd say your axies are never bored lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back