Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudata.org 2008 Calendar Photo Competition

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s competition time! This is your chance to get your photo in the 2008 Caudata.org calendar. This year we’re starting the calendar photo competition early to avoid the rush we had last year. The rules are simple:
  • The competition is open to all users
  • The photo must be of caudata either in captivity or the wild
  • The photo must belong to you i.e. you took it or own the copyright to it.
  • The photo is in a digital format – preferably JPEG
  • The photo must be a minimum resolution of 2000 x 1500 pixels – the more pixels the better.
To enter simply email your picture to photocomp@caudata.org
An individual may submit a maximum of 5 photos. Copyright of your picture remains yours – use in the calendar is by kind permission of the owner.

Photos that meet the above criteria will, at some point, be displayed in an area of the gallery for all to enjoy and discuss. If you do not wish your entry to be displayed publicly please state so in your email.

Last years calendar was great – lets see if we can make next years even better.

GOOD LUCK!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
  • The photo is in a digital format – preferably JPEG
  • The photo must be a minimum resolution of 2000 x 1500 pixels – the more pixels the better.
Bigger is better, and if you do use JPEG/JPG, try to avoid using much compression please.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
When's the closing date?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The closing date is Sunday 16th September so that it can go on sale around the beginning of October.

Thanks for all the submissions so far - keep 'em coming!

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
Is there a set date as to when some of the pictures will be availible to see on the forum? I'm curious as to see what the pics will look like.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Mark, did you get my submissions? Sometimes Gmail has issues with sending large files.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got them thanks Kaysie.

Ryan -I've asked John about the gallery area so depending on how busy he is we should have something soon.

Folks - the submissions have slowed down and we're a long way from having a calendars worth. Keep 'em coming folks!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Mark, did you get my second set of submissions (two separate emails)?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I know you're concerned about whether your photo went through or not. However we don't need to post every time we send Mark a photo.

If your photo doesn't appear in his Calendar category in the Member Galleries within 10 days or so then contact him directly. Mark doesn't get paid to work here so he's not glued to his email all the time, so photos don't appear instantaneously.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The deadline draws near... what's the status report, Mark?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The status is we need MORE photos! This is a final call for entries. If you have a photo you’re proud of now’s the time to submit it to the competition. Don’t be shy…. the email address to send originals to is photocomp@caudata.org.

The closing date may have to be extended because I’m out of the country for the next few weeks and may not have internet access.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a photo I have yet to take that I want to submit. Seriously. Can we kick that date back to the end of this month?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. I'll be back around the 2nd week of October so we can kick the closing date back till then. All going well the calendar can be on sale for the end of Oct. Plenty of time for Christmas shopping :D.

ravenous

Reaction score
So who chooses what pics make it to the calender? One person, the mods, or is it decided by the people?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!