Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Is shifter a boy?

jay_coward

Reaction score
I just noticed today that Beau is a girl which i'm really happy about. I'm sure Shifter's a boy but i just want to make sure. his Cloaca's not that big but he doesn't have a big rounnd belly and he's pretty big. I'm going to post a few pics in my gallery so could you guy's please refer to them and tell me what you think. I will label the pics sex check. I would post them straight onto the forum but my pics are always to big which is really annoying. Thanks in advance

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe. He does have a small swelling. I know my female has no swelling at all, but I've heard people say their females have some slight swelling.

But I wouldn't be so quick to be sure the other one is a girl. Some can take 18 months or more to reach sexual maturity.

nzaxie

Reaction score
I am with Kaysie on this. Some of my males in the past ( but not many mind you ) have taken a while to reveal there sexuality, eventually they come out of the closet and spring a surprise on you.

The majority of my fully mature females have a small bump but nothing significant - they generally get quite rotund as well but once again some stay fairly slim.

It depends on individual specimens - one thing you can guaratee though, they know who's who ;)

Good luck and most importantly ENJOY :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!