Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Update on Otto

diannpf

Reaction score
Well i just thought i would let you know the progress on 'otto'.
As you may be aware from a post i put up the other day i almost killed him. I had unknowingly let the water levels get through the roof. I have just tested the water again now and i am pleased to say everything is at the right levels. The PH is 7, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, and nitrate 0.
I know Otto is not out of the woods just yet but i hope he will hang in there. I will keep you posted.

kapo

Reaction score
Hi diann

The last 3 are the most crucial to test, moreso then pH while it's cycling. You'll notice the levels will go up over the next few days/weeks (which is normal). It wasn't your fault, wherever you bought Otto from didn't give you the information needed, ie cycling a tank, etc... But then the majority of petshop assistants don't know either, or try to sell you something that should help or will fix it.

diannpf

Reaction score
new update

Another update: last night i tested the water again and it was all good. And the best bit, tonight he ate. I hope this is a sign that he is on the mend. He seems to be hapy swimming and even walking on the bottom of the tank. I am so pleased. Just thought id let you know.:D

kapo

Reaction score
Good to hear, probably enjoying the amount of space there is too! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!