Eats too much n aggressive

niajetze

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
carrie
I am having to feed little deaky huge amounts of food to maintain his weight currently he is eating 4 prawns 6 teaspoons of blood worms 2 large worms (he largest i canfind) and as much trout pellets as he can eat every day - he is lean now as opposed to skinny and has started to grow again (woohoo) but he is always snapping at the other two and is well past the stage you would expect this - any suggestions on 1 what is wrong 2. too decrese his agresive streak or does everyone think i should just separate him?

how big is Deaky and how are the other 2 axies appetites?

If its warmer axies do tend to eat more.

...well past the stage you would expect this....

By the way, we still have one that snaps and is a greedy little axie (at 30cm), she'll knock everything/everyone out of the way if she thinks foods involved, I just move her aside with the baster, if she trys to snatch all the food away from the others.

If you're concerned though separate him.

sizes

right for the first time I have measured the 3 (instead of guestimates) Nadia is well over 30cm (not sure by how much) - after deaky's recent growth spurt he is 17 cm ( though for his age he should be much bigger) freckles is 20 cm and several months younger than deaky. The other two are no where near as active/ agressive as deaky and get fed every other day half the amount of deaky and put weight on. I have previously mentioned that deakies legs aare too small for his body. The temp at the moment is 21 c which is the highest it has ever been but has only been this for a couple of days and isnt effecting the other two.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back