Escaped newt, looks ok but any advice.

DesignaJennJenn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya
Im kinda new to newt keeping. I had 2 Guangxi Warty Newts (Paramesotriton guanxiensis), unfortunatly one got ill stopped eating and decided to finish himself off by escaping a while ago (took about 2 months to find him). Anyway I thought I had solved the problem until I found the remaining newt on the bathroom floor this morning.

I poured water over him then but him in a small tub of water. He was a bit fluffy so I gentally rinsed him with a few water changes. He is moving around and he ate all of the frozen blood worm cube I offered him so I'm hoping he'll be ok. I've weighed down my tank lid and put extra tape around the filter cable so he shouldnt be able to get out again.

Any advice on how to improve his chances of surviving?

if he's eating he should be okay ,just try to make his tank escape proof..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back