Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Are these eggs ok?

Vanessa07

Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering is anyone knew if these eggs are ok?

The pictures I have attached were laid today sometime by the axie that is also shown. I was just wondering why they would be half grey/white and the other half black? Some of the eggs that were laid on Friday morning are also like this, but then others are fully black (of what I can see).

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Vanessa

Attachments

• lupe1.jpg
    lupe1.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 454
  • two-tone-egg.jpg
    two-tone-egg.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,031
  • two-eggs.jpg
    two-eggs.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 345

kapo

Reaction score
The 1/2 grey/white ones and 1/2 black/white ones are fine. We had a few that were quite black some developed, some didn't.

Just separate the black ones from the others and just see whether they develop or not.

If any of the eggs develop fungus, the egg inside will look a bit cloudy, or you'll notice a grey/white fuzz appearing in and around the egg, then separate them from the rest so they don't effect the rest.

Also, have you considered, offering/giving away the majority of the eggs. You can advertise in the www.caudata.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67 part of the forum.

Vanessa07

Reaction score
Phew!

Thats a relief.

We have had 2 that have gone a cloudy grey fuzzy colour and we have removed them already.

Oh thats great, I am going to go and post a message there now about the free eggs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!