Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

fight!

niajetze

Reaction score
well the time has finally come ..... deakys snapping and bullying has finally lead nadia to move. He had hold of her leg and just as I was going to separate them ...WHAM. nadia lost it and turned on deaky they both went hurtling around the tank taking pot shots at each other as they passed with freckles hiding under the flower pot. Deaky now has a ripped fin and nadia has some feather bits missing from one of her gills. needless to say I have separated them now deaky has been upsetting the happy family for a while now :( lets see if things calm down.

niajetze

Reaction score
no not that young but deaky had been getting worse for agression not better as he/she got older. Nadia should be about a year (a bit older) deaky and freckles are younger than this but are big enough to of stopped the cannabalism freckles and nadia (who is a saint and doesnt snap at anything!!! I say this because when i was stupid i placed her and deaky in the same tank when she was probably over twice the size of him and never bit at him once... deaky used to sit on her happily and she doesnt even snap at the shrimp!) are still together & very happy. There doesnt seem to be any ccomplications with the injuries received...thankfully.

Any signs of axies not getting along then separate them its not worth the stress.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1