Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Heya *Waves*

tashie7161

Reaction score
Hey everbody,
Yes im new :D and very friendly :p im 18 from staffordshire, i attend stafford college studying Advance GCE ICT (and no i dont know what the GCE is for :rolleyes: dont think anybody does on the course!). I do still live off my parents! hehe and we own a variety of different animals, such as Newfoundlands, Cocker Spaniels, Degus, Chinchillas, Cats, Guinea pigs and tortoises (Boris and Doris).

How My Interest In Axies Began!
i was walking around hollybush and went into the aquatic area when i saw this amazing white little thing with legs? :eek: i coudnt actually pull my self away for ages! there was three in the tank and they were all albinos. I found out their names "axolotl" and i started researching and found my self on the http://www.axolotl.org/ site which i have been none stop reading all night.

I am very interested in these funny creatures, and any other help or little bits and bobs you do to help your Axies let me know! i am soaking in as much information and everything before i buy one, obvisouly...

Thank you for reading! :wacko:

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Tasha. I hope you enjoy your time here. I had a similar axolotl experience 20 years ago and here we are ;).

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy reading!

Bravo for doing your research before bringing one home:proud: Beyond axolotl.org, you'll learn a lot from reading the axolotl sections of this forum. Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1