Your Axie Names

tashie7161

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Tasha
Hey Everyone,
Have been thinking of names for my axies to come, and i have been thinking of having a black male called Axel, and possibly another called Folly.. yup Beverly Hills Cops! Hehe

What are your Axies called? or what names would you choose? :D

hi, my female axie is called carlos, didnt know how to sex them at the time so she got a boy name. my male is tana, when i got him i thought his gills looked like dreads, so he is named after tana umunga the rugby player. i also just got a new girl but she is still waiting to be named. your names sound fine. i guess it comes down to what you like, which is why i find it hard:D

I have an axie called Axel and my parents wanted me to call my other one Folly. I think axel is a great name.

My axi's name is Salsa, I thought it was a cute nambe because she is mexican lol, but I still don't know for certian if she is a she, thats what the pet shop lady said...but by the descriptions of males I've read, it seems Salsa is a he.
HELP! lol I want to breed it soon!

My kids actually picked the name for my axie, "OTTO" i think its cute. he is a boy (i think)

I have a female called Lupe and a male called Pedro, we try to have Mexican names for them!

We did previously have a female called Sanchez but unfortunatly we didnt know too much about them back then and she died :(

My axie is Called Banda i think shes a girl so far...
If i get a boy i want to call him Ollie :)

Hey,
:p must admit, didn't think about Mexican themed names! And yours are all ace :D

Dian: your kids picked a really ace name! i really like Otto

Some of you not sure about males or females, i looked down this page, think it might help?
http://www.axolotl.org/biology.htm

But hey I'm sure the Axies love their names as they are :D

I have Milo, Ernie, Toni, Otis, Alexa, and Doc (in age order and all fantastic!). ::grins::

heh I only have 1 boy for now :) good ol Maurice, hes a gold one (i love the black axolotls personally... used to have two named Georgie (female) and Louie (male) they were awesome but I love my maurice :D

My axies names are Duckie,Sara,Petrie,little foot,spike,Garbo,lightning,ditto, and I have a pink albino with no name

1 golden female - Cpt Jack
1 wildtype female - Molly the Serial Killer
1 wildtype male - Bitey
7 various colored juvvies - unnamed
30 various colored GFP eggs - unnamed

The two I have now are male called bubba and female called bubbles.
But I have also had a lexi and a Caspar.

My daughter recons we should now stick with names beginning with B so depending on how many babies we keep we have at least a Brennan and Booth ( can you tell she's into Bones:rolleyes:)

Medusa - golden albino (think it's probably a male though so will probably be changed to Slash)
Chain - female golden albino
Axel - male albino (rescued)
Princess Consuela/Connie - Female wildtype
Princess Bonita/Bonnie - Female wildtype (These 2 are rescued sisters)
Stumpy - Male wildtype (named stumpy as he had to have one leg amputated after we rescued him)
Kit - Female melanoid
Chunk - Male albino (think he might be melanoid albino as he has no iriphobes or shiney eye ring)
Snax-a-lot-l - Female albino (as above)
Xena - Evil female albino

We also have 6 leucistics but they all look the same. One of them likes to float and is called Boat, but the others don't have names. Our 5 wildtype juvies also don't have names, though I'm sure my kids will think of something silly when they're older.

We also have a fish called Mario and a Tiger sal called Mister Lister.

I think I remembered everyone!

Leucistic male - Mr Bojangles
Wildtype male - Bongo
Albino female - Mungo
Wildtype female - Matilda

:happy:

Lilo and Mowgli hahah:)

...I also have 20 babies, well 8 have hatched this morning on only day 11 :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back