Hello Axolotl lovers

Rocket Dad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Paul D
Hello to all,

I am new to the site, but currently do not have any Axolotls. My current collection includes a large Koi pond, a few aquatic turtles, an albino aquatic frog, a wife, 4 kids, and a Jack Russell. I had a pair of albino Axolotls more than 10 years ago. I had to give them up when the small humans in the house started requiring more of my time. Now that the older ones are in high school and middle school, I'd really like to raise, and possibly breed a few Axolotls. I've even spoken to a few teachers about donating a few to the school as a way to introduce this fascinating creature to a new generation. Unfortunately acquiring them in New Jersey has been a dead end so far. I came upon this website while trying to do some research on the web. I just posted a note in the for sale section of the site. I'm excited about rejoining the hobby, even if it means travelling out of state to find some healthy specimens, or even starting from a few eggs. I just started reading through the site, and I'm pleased by all the positive comments, helpful ideas, all the great information that the site and it's members have to offer. I'm looking forward to chatting with many of you in the near future. If there's a club in New jersey I'd love to hear about it. Posting comments on a web site is new to me, so please bear with me if I don't have the proper etiquette down. Any comments will be gratefully accepted.

Hi Tasha,

Thanks for the welcome. I've been trying without luck to find a few Axies here in the US. It seems that New Jersey, the state I live in prohibits the sale or possession of Axolotls. The sale of turtles is also prohibited. It doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I'll keep trying.

Thanks again

Paul

PS. By the way Are you a Man U fan?

What a shame :( Good luck with your search. and i don't do footy sorry, just not a fan at all. (unless England are playing! lol)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back