How does fungus looks like? :)

jadzekas

Reaction score
Country
Lithuania
I am from lithuania, so sorry for my terible english. I just wanted to ask one simple question. I read here a lot of about fungus, but my english isnt perfect and i still dont understand how it looks like on bright colors axolotls.

In the third foto its my girl, atleast i hope so :) I bought her already about 8 month one her leg is broken when she was young, or something else heppend to her but it is very small and she almost doesnt move it..

My tank. do you think its she or he? :)) And i wanted to ask about her tail, it become become a little red, you can see in the third photo, is it somehing wrong with it?

And i have snail and some fishes :) Big happy family :) Deos they look healthy?

Few questions more :D One of my axies gills are big and red, his eyes blak, other gills small and pink, and she have eyes like muman :D in the midle they are black and blue around. Does eyes say anything about animal? :) And is everything ok with their gills?

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 549
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 665
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 624
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 461
  • Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 673
Last edited by a moderator:
Kia Ora Jadzekas,

My name is Ian I live in New Zealand, at the other end of the world from you.

Great looking axies.

Sometimes fish can nibble on axies gills. You seem to have a lot of fish and Tadpoles? in the tank. Maybe you could move the fish and see if the gills get better with time.

I have a light coloured wild type axie who has short gills similar to your photo and a dark coloured wild type who has long very feathery gills.

The light coloured wild types tail gets redder when he is active so do his gills.

Your English is fine. its a hard language to learn.

Naku noa

Ian

Hey Jadzekas,
Your English is very good. I would say your axie is a girlie, and like Ian said, the fish will nibble on the Axie so you shouldn't keep them together really, Also i would say she seems rather happy, as looking on the pictures her tail is very straight, if the tip was curling up it would mean she was stressed.

fishes know that one day they will become late night snack :) and they doesnt even get closer to my axies. when i bought that axie she already was with such looking gills arn o her leg was broken. I bought her then she already was about 8 months not from shop. its hard to explain me in english :) But it looks like its every thing is ok with her gills, they just dont have that meat :D :D :D on wich those hairs grows...

jadzekas, both your axolotls are leucistics, white with dark centred eyes - sometimes the eye and the ring surrounding can look a little blue.

How long is your tank?

How long have you had your axolotls and fish together?

It might be a big happy family, but the fish excrete a lot which can add waste to your tank, which in turn can make poor water quality for your axolotls and in turn make them sick.

What is your tank temperature? Temperature, activity and stress can cause a tail to redden.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back