HI im from New Zealand

Jaywetere

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand-Maori
Hi my name is jayden and im from New Zealand:D
Just wanting to say hi :Dto everyone and im glad iv found somewhere where people can help with some questions,:confused: like... ive got a set up in my room A 4 foot tank by a foot wide and high. it houses 4 axies 2 i someone gave me in tauranga and they are about 4 years old and ive also got 1 black wild type and a golden albino them 2 are about 14 - 15 months i guess. They keep well together and like each others company but one has laid eggs :sick: and im wanting to transfer them to a smaller tank i was wanderingif i could do this by just simply picking the plants the eggs are on and putting them into another tank. is this ok or should i take more care when trying to do this or not try it at all? thanks:D

Welcome Jayden :D As for your question I'm not sure, But somebody will answer your question :)

Welcome, Jayden. You'll get more/better answers to your axolotl questions if you ask them in the axolotl section of the forum.

Yes, you can remove the eggs to another tank. You can move them together with the plants, or gently pull them off. You can leave the eggs in the adults' tank, but the adults are likely to eat most of them (which is a good thing, or a bad thing, depending on your perspective).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back