Information seeker

Sharron

Axolotl Enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi my name is Sharron and I live in Sydney, Australia.

I first purchased by Axolotl's, Orpheus and Sylabub approxiamately 1 year ago, originally for my 12 year old daughter, but have since grown very facinated with the breed. Unfortunately I have discovered that there does not seem to be a wealth of information for Axolotl's, so trial and error has been my way.

Due to the lack of information on what to do and not do and also how to avoid situations, my female, Sylabub has laid approximately 200 eggs last week, unexpectedly to me not knowing the signs of my male, Orpheus.

I finally and accidentally found a site axolotl.org which covers all questions that no one could answer.

I am now happy to say that nearly all Sylabubs eggs are forming the way they are supposed to and it is exciting to watch the development of the babies.

I now plan to purchase more tanks and hope to have a successful bunch of hatchlings.

Thanks for being here

Sharron

:rolleyes:

Hi Sharron, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the eggs. I don't envy you the hard work involved, but it is both exciting and interesting.

If you have any questions, pop over to the axolotl part of the forum.

Thanks Kapo

I will pop into the forum

I can now look forward to being able to learn more about Axolotl's

Thanks Again
and
Cheers

Last edited:
It does my heart good to know axolotl.org was what you were looking for. I hope you enjoy Caudata.org too :).

Hey, welcome sharron :) im sure your'll enjoy it here

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back