Axolotl from germany ;-)

Hofnarr

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Display Name
Nicole
Hey all,
I am new here at this forum, but I already hold for 10 years Axolotls. Sorry, I have found no suitable Column where we can imagination us;-), so I try it here! I live in Germany and hold 2 adult wild type, 2 adult white with blue eyes and four sweet little wild type Axolotl of 16 cm (from my own breeding). In addition, I have one more tank with fishing in it, which serves as feed for my Axos. Please forgives my bad orthography and grammar, the school is over looooong time ago ;-) Here a few pictures of my animals and the tanks.
Greeting Nicole

Tank of the adult Axolotl
Beckenkl.jpg

Tank of the Mini-Axolotl ;-)
Babybeckenkl.jpg

here are some Pics of my Axos.
undwechkl.jpg

Spuky
Spuky.jpg

Scary
Scary-1.jpg

a wild type mini ;-)
abrutsch.jpg

big mama (the gills are behinde the head)
Agathe-1.jpg

WOW your axies are complete beauties
Welcome to the forum, good job on the set up!

Kia ora great looking axies

WOOOOOOOOOW - your Axies sure get a nice pad to hang in. Nice healthy looking animals. Welcome to the site :D. Funny how Axies all over the world look the same :rolleyes:

Thanks for the nice greeting;-) I find it absolutely exciting to see how differently in the world the animals are held. The filters are different and also the facilities. Here lay most of us a lot of value on a big tank with a lot of plants and caves. There is a kind of table where you can see clear how many animals you can hold in a tank. Indeed, I can put them only into cm. I hope it is o.k.? I believe 30 cm are 1feet. Then would have to be 80cmx35cm approx. 2.5feet x 1feet, could it be right? arg... :confused:

sorry, what means *Kia ora*???

Attachments

• table.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Kia ora means Literally your health it has become an informal greeting and welcome in New Zealand it is the language of the indigenous people of our country the Maori. So Kia Ora Hoffnar

I become old like a cow and still learn in addition :D (German saying ).
Thanks for the explanation.
Nicole

Your Welcome, I tend to forget that I am talking with people all over the world who won't know what im on about

Hofnarr,

At least you have the excuse of english not being your first language. I have no such excuse so mine must therefore be truly "Bad English"

You are doing well with your english congratulations

Hi Hofnarr

Wow your big mama and mini's are absolutely gorgeous.

Hope to see more posts from you.

Welcome

i love the markings on your white ones face.

your axies are so cute!! and you have so many!! i love the tank! great job:p

I’m very proud of the Tank. It has approx. 360 litres with panorama glazing (an outwardly arched Windowpane). With Scary (white) and Jochen (wild type) I will soon breed. In two months the last Minis leave and then I have again place and time for a new breeding. I am curious very much what come for colours, besides, out to cruise wildly type and Scary with theirs romp markings. Scarys brother Spuky is not drawn so clearly. There the spots look rather blurred

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back