Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Please Sir can I have some more

ianclick

Reaction score
Kia Ora,

Can anyone in New Zealand tel me where I can get melanoid and golden albino axies i'm in hamilton but travel around alot . Does anyone know of any breeders in the Auckland or Waikato regions that may have them.

Cheers

Ian

Hannens Ed

Reaction score
Can't help you Ian, sorry wrong country. Just wanted to comment on your thread titles today. Made me laugh - bit of Dickens, bit of Shakespere. Feeling a bit literal today?

ianclick

Reaction score
Kia Ora Hannens Ed. Yes its the school holidays over here. I am a teacher must have been having some seperation anxiety

ianclick

Reaction score
Thanks Sinead I will have a look. I was just thinking Black and Gold would lokk way cool together.

Hannens Ed

Reaction score
I can relate Ian. I'm a Nanny and have just had a week off, I'm starting to treat my 12 year old like a toddler, he's not impressed. With regard to the albino and the black axie - just out of interest - if you bred them what would you get?

kapo

Reaction score
One of the breeders, central north island, sells goldens/dark wildtypes, the colour offspring she's had have been golden albino and various wildtypes - some of the wildtypes are dark eyed with golden coloured skin but the wildtype spots/flecks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1