Video of my Axolotl eating my Dead Damio's

Axolotls swallow gravel..when feeding an even when snuffing around for food.
Gravel causes impaction in their stomachs and takes months to pass.
It can kill axolotls.

Sand or a bare tank is a better healtheir option with the added bonus of being easy to clean.

Some people might, but it doesnt mean you should. Its not good for them. I use sand.

What if those fish died from some kind of bacteria or fungus?? Now you just fed them to your axolotl. I would only feed dead fish if they were frozen and bought that way.

Not to long ago you were wanting to put your fish and axies all together..along with the damios..
Why did they die?
Strange that both dies all of a sudden..and your feeding them to the axie.

Gravel can cause severe impaction/blockage when they ingest it which can cause your axolotl stress, floating and can also lead to a prolapse and possibly die.

Did you test the tankwater the fish were in to find out whether maybe it was water quality which caused them to die? Or did they have some disease?
see: www.caudata.org/cc/articles/waterquality.shtml

If you're really interested in the welfare of both your fish and axolotls you should do a bit more research than just assuming its okay to feed fish that died in one tank to your axolotls, and care for them properly.

I agree with kapo. Your potentialy causing problems with your axolotls by assuming the fish dont have anythig wrong with them.

my gf did a uneasy water change and they started floating and died within 5 mins, my tropical fish were healthy and ive had them over 3 months...

im here to get advice not everyone to bash on me....

oh yeah

Dear halala85,

You have received an infraction at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Forum.

Reason: Violation of the Real Name Rule

WTF....

whats the point of this forum to get infractions ? im not even gonna bother anymore,,

Thank you Kapo

When you registered with the forum, part of the forum rules, if you bothered reading them is to register your full/family name within your profile under Real Name.

Take offense if you wish, but you did agree before registering. www.caudata.org/forum/forum_rules.htm Everyone who has registered at Caudata has followed the same rules, and those that haven't have quickly rectified the situation.

People gave you advice, good advice, and so far it looks like you haven't taken any notice of it.

i didnt see the video. was it just an axi eating dead fish? i got yoshi eating turtle sticks last night. just boo to go then they are all eating them. yummy lol

This user (halala) was permanently banned today for sending an obscene message to a moderator (who was only being their usual kind and helpful self). We have banned very few real forum users (we ban spammers but they're different) and I don't usually enjoy banning genuine users but having seen what this guy said to the moderator in the private message I must admit I couldn't help but laugh at the brazen stupidity of the person. Good riddance.

If someone sends you an offensive message, be you a new user or an old time moderator, send it on to me and I'll take care of it.

Now I see why you guys get a wee bit peeved sometimes.

Kapo the help and advice you and the other moderators and members have given me has meant a quality of care and life style that my axies would not have experienced had I not come across this site.

Myself my axies and my kids who love them are eternally grateful.

Thanks again and again and again.......

Ian

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back