Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I'm Back

ben_tajer

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not exactly a new member but I haven't been here in a while except for a few posts when I've been in trouble and a couple photos a few months ago. Despite having been a member since 2004, I saw that my extensive history on this forum has been lost, and seeing as I was presented with an opportunity to introduce my self properly, which I never really did before, I decided I'ld take it. My name is Ben Tajer, and I'm a dual US/UK citizen who lives in England. I've kept newts since I was twelve but I've been intrested since I kept an alpine newt my dad had caught (we lived in switzerland), overnight when I was six. Sadly that was my first newt tragedy: shortly after its release the hapless animal was trampled by our neighbor. Still I did not give up on newts, and when I was england and started finding them in my basement my intrest was rekindled, and the first chance I had a bought some chinese firebelly newts. Since those first animals my collection has changed significantly, I've had losses and and breeding successes. Now I'm 18, and for the first time in two years I've had some time that I can actually participate in this forum again, I've also got a much better camera than before so I'm hoping to take some better pictures. Unfortunately my return may be somewhat shortlived due to the fact that I'll be entering university next fall, and dependent on the results of my exams (I have an offer at Oxford to study biology) I may be returning to the USA for university. If I do return to the states I will be looking for loving homes in the UK for all of my collection:

1 Large female wild type axolotl
1 Dark female axolotl
1 Male Paramesotriton Caudopunctatus
A pair (male and female) of Paramesotriton Fuzhongensis
1 juvenile Pleurodeles Watl

Well, That's pretty much all of it. Thank you for reading.

tashie7161

Reaction score
Welcome back Ben :) you have a lovely collection of amphibians. Also good luck with your exam results i hope that you've done well.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Ben, good to see you 'round these parts again :) Good luck getting used to the new software!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Ben welcome back. I've done a quick fix and set your join date and post number to what it used to be. If you really want me to reassociate the messages to your account let me know (see the thread entitled "Plagiarism on caudata.org" or something in General Discussion - it explains).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1