What about a new friend?

Atl

Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Something I've never asked myself is, if I share my fishing tank, where I have my axies, with a marine snail:hat:, would the tank be cleaner, and the water in better conditions, or my axies will eate the snail??:violent:
Have you tried to do it??:confused:

Bad idea. Snails rarely clean more than they add waste to the tank. And sometimes they can breed without another snail, and you'll have thousands of snails. There are many reasons why snails are bad. But overall, it's usually not a good idea.

I had a snail that hitched a ride on some plants I put in my tank for my axolotl's, I decided to leave it as it would be a snack for my two, as it was tiny I thaught I would be in no danger of ever being large enough to reproduce, but I was wrong..i now have many tiny snails that generally I fish out as I am in danger of a snail explosion, the axolotl aren't interested in them while they are small! So I personally would not risk it.

I agree with Kaysie,

More pooh and many more snails and more pooh.

I had 2 mystery snails which happened to be male and female and then i got hundreds of babies. I moved them to another tank as the waste was turning my axie's tank water yellow. Most of the baby snails are dead now. I can't kill them cause that would be mean, so i am just keeping them in my spare tank and they are slowly dying. I went from hundreds of babies to 17 all up including 5 big snails. The other 12 are the size of my pinky fingernail.
, ,
So, Bad idea. \____/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back