Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Yawning axie????

Hannens Ed

Reaction score
This may be in the wrong section because it may be normal. Mando is doing this weird yawning thing. He opens his mouth really wide just like he's yawning for a few seconds. Ed is in the same tank and doesn't do it. Mando does it a few times a day. Any idea why?

ianclick

Reaction score
Hi Hannens Ed, I agree with Greta we have two one yawns and one doesn't so I guess it depends on the axie

tashie7161

Reaction score
Its funny actually, Follie never yawned, and when i first read this topic and was like how cute. After reading this topic later on i was looking at Krystal and she too yawned! hehe

clairey85

Reaction score
hehehe I have caught maurice yawning late in the afternoon - must have had a late one by not "sleeping" during the day !! hahah :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1