Axel and Krystal

tashie7161

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Tasha
At the weekend i picked up two more axies, a black (which is actually wild type!) and an albino (which is actually leucistic!). They are quite young, wild type is 2 inches and leucistic is about 4 inches. I've named them, wild type - Axel and leucistic - Krystal. Axel's very shy, unlike Krystal who always comes to the top to say hello :p I brought these pair to go with Follie but unfortunately Follie didn't pull through :(
Heres pics of the new arrivals

Attachments

• DSC01837.JPG
    DSC01837.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC01840.JPG
    DSC01840.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 617
they are both lovely. hopefully these two cuties will help to take the sting out of your loss.

I loved Follie to pieces, but Krystal is so sweet and does help me with her head bobbing and her clambering to get to me!

Sorry about Follie. I like Krystal, cause thats my sisters name but with a C not a K. When i looked at Krystal's pic she has little freckles on her face (cute). Madison looked similiar to Krystal and Cookie looked similiar to Axel but they got a rare blood disease and died. :(

Anyway they look lovely and real cute. Hope all goes well with them :D

Hey jay, sorry about Madison and Cookie. *hugs*

Hi Tasha,

sorry to hear about Follie your new two look amazing.

Good luck

Awww your new two are just tooo cute ;) I have never seen them that small in the pet stores... I am sorry about Folley :sad: its always sad with a favourite pet... good luck with your new friends!

Awww your new two are just tooo cute ;) I have never seen them that small in the pet stores...

Hey Claire, I actually got them from a guy up north that had some babies, so i checked them out and they are very healthy, and sweet lol. :D

hehe i think getting them from an actual breeder is actually better than getting them from a petstore!

thats so cool :D

Update

Hello all,
I know i haven't been posting for the last 2 weeks as much as i use to, its finding the time now i have a job! lol, but I'm back.

I know the pictures above are from 3 weeks ago and thought i would give you a brief up date to show you how the little mights are getting on... But krystal isn't so little anymore! lol some times i call her by accident Follie, because every day shes looking more and more like Follie. Axel the little shy dude was 2 inches when i got him, hes now 4 inches! and krystal was about 4 inches and shes like 5.5 inches. I must admit, i don't notice them growing because I'm always with them, but my best friend Sarah was like "omg how big are they now!" :p I mean when i got axel he's legs had only just formed really!

I cant believe how much these pair eat!!! When i had Follie it was a struggle to get her to eat 3 bloodworm's soon as i had her, and i didn't realise just how bad that was, because adults normally eat once every 2-3 days so i thought it was because i was feeding her daily. Now i know that Follie never ate right. I tend to feed these pair twice a day, dinner time (between 12:30 and 2) and T-Time which is 6, and they know it! lol

Heres the pictures of them!! :D

Attachments

• 24 july 07 axel.JPG
    24 july 07 axel.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 24 july 07 Krystal.JPG
    24 july 07 Krystal.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 653
Last edited:
Hey Tasha
i love krystal she is so adorable!

Just wondering, how big is your tank?

The tank krystal is in is 3ft, but axels by him self in a smaller tank until hes a little bigger and then i can re-introduce them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back