nudging

niajetze

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
carrie
Nadia is pretty fat and old enought to breed now ....... she spends all waking hours nudging freckles around the butt (he doesnt seem too concerned as she isnt being overly agressive) freckles is way too young for that is there a way to knock her out of this (lighting temperature etc) or willl freckles ust have to grin and bare it? I dont want nadia to get stressed as she isnt getting any.

Attachments

• Picture 141.jpg
    Picture 141.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 168
my male did this to my female a year ago. she was too young to breed. it didnt seem to last long before he gave up on the idea. if you want to stop it though i would sugest putting a divider in the tank for a little while.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back