John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
It was yahoo. I think I've shored up the holes this time but only time will tell. I'm not ruling out it happening again.

Let's watch that Yahoo number at the bottom of the topics page and hope it falls to zero...

Too true!
being quite new to the world of amphibians I didn't realise how addictive it was and how much I was using the site. Apparently yesterday evening i was pacing, delerious screaming 'WHERE'S MY NEWT SITE GONE!

Peter, rest assured that you weren't the only one. My only saving grace is that during the week, I'm out in the woods and don't have access to a computer (or anything of any technological importance), and must break my addiction weekly.

I catch pretty much every bit of downtime on this site because I am constantly on here reading. My post count isn't as high as Kaysie's but the amount of times I visit must be truly impressive :eek: It is this site that keeps me from blowing my savings on newts and getting me a severe tongue lashing by my girlfriend...

Yep, I was lost too ...I sit here quietly reading the posts, as the children create chaos around me..its my oasis of peace! Sunday was hell..even my 4 year old asked me why I wasn't looking at amphibians. They knew all was well when I found the site up and running this morning..but I had to do some work! Thanks all for making me feel more 'normal'!

And verily did John decree that the beast known as the "Slurp Spider" be banished from the realm and lo it was so and peace and stability reigned throughout the land:

"Visitors (404), Google Spiders (3), MSNBot Spiders (13), AskJeeves Spiders (2)"

Note the lack of Yahoo. Death unto the Capitalist Profit Engines that pervade our beloved Internet! (That includes you, Microsoft, if that number gets much higher)

Whoops, let my true colours show there for a mo. You ain't see this...

Last edited:
Peter, I'm all for enthusiasm but I was inferring communism, not anarchy. Completely unrelated schools of thought. In any case, I'm neither, hence the disclaimer.

Peter I am a "caudate love" and I know I'm not an anarchist (or communist ;)) in any way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back