New tank

elemental0619

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Display Name
Steve Dent
Hey guys im new here,my names Steve,I'm working on my 55 gallon tank right now but ive run in to a problem.You see i have this waterfall/filration system type thing that takes up about 1/4 maybe a bit larger of the tank and i cant seem to find the pump for it,ill post a picture and maybe you guys can help me find out where to get the pump?who knows anyway once i get the pump/motor ill keep updated pictures for you guys ill probly take pictures as i move on in steps,anyway that picture ill' be up soon,thanks,steve.

No,thats not it,I think its a really old brand who makes it,anyway heres a picture.

0723070414.jpg

That thing is called a "Viquarium". They are no longer manufactured. You might try finding a parts on eBay. It also might be possible to use some other kind of small submersible pump to pump the water to the top of the waterfall.

If you cut a hole in the side of the pump chamber you can get a small Aquaclear powerhead in there. The hole in the side is for the intake funnel. It will not look just like the original but should keep it functional if that is your goal.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back