Axolotls in Australia

Ganesh

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Greetings all

We are William (a Frenchy) and Amanda (an Aussie) located in Brisbane, Australia. Currently we have 4 adult axolotls that were inherited in March 2007. Our albino female is named Ganesh and the boys are Draeg, Cheech and Chong. There are also about 100 embryos that will hatch in around 1 week. Egads!! And, no, they don't have names :cool:

We joined the forum in response to Ganesh laying all the eggs, which was quite a feat!! It would be great to get any tips and tricks in caring for the little guys. Right now we are searching for a nutricius, reliable food source for newly hatched axolotls that can be found in our region of Australia.

Would love to hear from you!!

Welcome! I'm sure the many Aussies on the axolotl sections of the forum will help you out. Not many of them read this section, though. Good luck with the eggs:D

Thanks for that Jennewt. We're so excited watching the embryos develop and can't wait for them to hatch... unless we don't have food ... then we can wait a little longer for the hungry hungry hippos ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back