John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
Brian brought to my attention the fact that the USCR doesn't work. Someone should really have pointed this out to me months ago...

I'll get it going again in the next few days.

I just tried to e-mail Mark using the USCR e-mail address. It bounced.

Evidently, Mark Reid (admin for USCR) is no longer keeping caudates and is moving abroad. I have not succeeded in contacting him, but I think it is safe to say that we need to find someone else to run the site, or else we simply pull the plug on it.

What are people's thoughts? Is it worth keeping USCR going? Is anyone interested in being the admin?

What's involved in being the admin? I might be persuaded...

USCR is back in business. For now I'm the admin (oi! vay!). Who wants to be it. It means mainly that you answer questions people have about the USCR. I don't think it involves any programming. If it does, I can program php, though not as well as Jen's son. However I can make any changes we require.

BTW, I'm going to can the Swedish version. It seems dead.

USCR is now officially administrated by Brian (Caudataman). Thanks for stepping up the the plate Brian. For those interested, thanks to some very good points raised by Brian there have been several improvements made to the USCR site, including the ability to have a photo for each species (only Brian can set the species photo though). We also have a proper contact form now - no need to break out your email program.

If only there were a European equivalent.....

Good God I used a baseball analogy. Somebody shoot me please.

It is baseball season John... i don't think anyone can fault you for saying that.

It is baseball season John... i don't think anyone can fault you for saying that.

Yes but I am not American, and despite what many Americans believe, many of us are not motiviated to change our citizenship.

The japanese like baseball too. Now you're just being stereotypical ;)

You guys are funny.:p

I just joined USCR, u can find me under Necturus maculosus, of course.:D

I'm pleased to tell you all that Brian Sager has agreed to be the new admin for USCR. He has some great ideas for the site, and I look forward to having him keep this enterprise active.

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back