sore leg?

chrissy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Chrissy
i finally put my new axie toffee in my tank with my other axie, mambo(after 30 days of quarintine)but this morning mambo looks like he has hurt his leg. he has it against his side and is swimming with only three legs. also he doesnt swim as much as he usually does. what might have happened and what can i do???

the axies may not of liked each other and had a bit of a scap i would seperate them if you see any mayjor agressive behavour. axolotls can be agressive so a little bit of a scap isnt that bad but if u see any bad fights seperate them if you can. do you have any sharp rocks or decor in your tank it could be that?

all i can suggest is that you keep a close eye on them to see if they are attacking each other. is there a size difference because if one is a lot smaller than the other they might be viewed as food. if so you will have to seperate them until their sizes are roughly the same.
it might be an idea to seperate them for a while anyway until he is using his leg more freely.
hope this helps a little.
good luck and hope he is well soon.

thanks, his leg is pretty much better now and they are getting on fine. thanks for all your help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back