Could Bart (mudpuppy) be sick???

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ryan
Today I fed Bart 2 nightcrawlers which is more than she usually eats. They went down fine and she was acting ormal for most of the day. But when I went down to check on her a few minutes ago I saw a pile of poo (didn't look normal, dark with lighter parts) and a entire worm. The worm barely looked digested at all, but it didn't look fresh either. Another wierd thing was that all the poo and the worm were in front of her face in the front of her little cave. I don't see why she would have turned around to do her duty out the front of the cave (she usually does it inside). So could the worm and poo(?) have been caughed up? Im very confused and a little worried. Please help if you can.

Oh yeah, her tank has been getting warm 69-71 degrees F. According to CC it souldn't get over 72 in the summer for long periods of time. So I think I'm OK on the temp.

:(

She threw them up. It happens, especially when it gets warm or you overfeed. I've had two occasions where animals have thrown up an entire week worth of food for no reason, and continue to eat fine.

Just keep her cool, and try offering not so much food.

Alrighty, this is the first time I've given her 2 worms, I just figured that her metabolism could be faster due to the warmer temps. I'll stick to one. Thanks

If you want to feed her more, try offering more frequent meals instead of bigger meals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back