caudata culture species info

lims

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Sam
Just wondering, how come some of the newt species on caudata culture dont have text about them, just photos? Is this just because no-one has written it yet? I'm sure there's stuff online elsewhere tho, i'll look around.. bleeep

I´ve been thinking about it today too. I´ve been looking for information about L.vulgaris and o_Ophryticus for quite some time, and they both happen to have just photos in their caudata culture sections. Oddly, L.boscai has a full care sheet Ô_o
I guess the reason why some species just don´t have a care sheet is what you mentioned..no one has taken the time to write one. It could also be that there are other species with the same requirements, but i guess if that were the case they could refer to those caresheets....
I think it would be a good idea to fill the empty ones...
In the case of L.vulgaris, i think it kind of contributes to the idea of them being vulgar...it´s like....this caresheet is empty because this animal is not interesting... which is completely wrong.
I understand some caresheets are not available because the species are rare, or there´s not enough information about their captive care...but again in the case of L.vulgaris(just as an example) ..it´s not refered as common newt for nothing....

You are welcome to help fill in the blank slots where we need care sheets. Care sheets are written by people volunteering thier time and do take time.

Feel free to write one and submit it. It will be reviewed by at least three people and if necessary suggestions made for editing it..

Ed

In the case of L.vulgaris, i think it kind of contributes to the idea of them being vulgar...it´s like....this caresheet is empty because ....

The care sheet is empty because the information was so vulgar, it had to be censored.:artist:

Oh i didn´t pretend to sound presumptuous...i was just pointing that it´s a pitty that the caresheet is empty...that´s all....i wish i could fill it (obviously can´t). Anyway it´s better empty than giving bad info.

Indeed, many species lack caresheets because no one has taken the time to write one. It's not easy to find people with the time, expertise, and willingness to write a good-quality caresheet. In the case of L. boscai we were lucky, and were able to use some information from a Caudata.org Magazine article to create a caresheet.

Thanks for your interest in the CC site. I'm always interested to hear what people are thinking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back