Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Interesting Job Post on Monster

MRIGUY

Reaction score
Anyone catch this ad on Monster? I redacted the company info and some other key info as I am sure I cannot just paste the ad without permission.

Vivarium Manager - XXXXX, PA

XXXXXXX XXXXX, Inc. is a small biopharmaceutical drug discovery and development company located in XXXXX, PA. We are currently seeking a full-time Vivarium/Facilities manager who is highly motivated and capable of working in a collaborative team-oriented environment. The job candidate should want to assume responsibility of managing a small animal vivarium and biological research laboratories. The candidate will be expected to integrate closely with fast-paced research team charged with the responsibility of testing compounds in in vivo models of disease, encompassing a variety of therapeutic areas including metabolic disease, inflammation, CNS and neurodegeneration.

Location XXXXX, PA
Education Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Science
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Supervise the feeding, water and general health of all animals that enter the vivarium
· Manage the activities of up to 3 vivarium technicians
· Generate standard operating procedures/protocols for maintaining health of animals and ensure compliance.
· Maintain inventory of supplies needed to operate research facility
· Organize and distribute animals according to research/schedule needs.
· Interact with supervisors to develop and administer schedules.
· Work closely with attending Veterinarian to insure health of all animals
· Generate health status reports of animals
· Provide training/support on in vivo assays (including surgeries and necropsies)
· Supervise performance and carry out other duties related to supervising Research Associates.

Skills/Abilities
· Small animal handling techniques and manipulations
· Various drug administration methodologies
· Ability to work independently and to rapidly adapt to changing priorities and new projects
· Experience with various computer programs including Word, Excel and graphing and statistical programs

freves

Reaction score
I would be curious to learn what sort of research they are doing and on what kinds of animals. They salary would be interesting to know as well.
Chip

duktig

Reaction score
There's a lot of pharmaceutical research in the Delaware valley, many little start-ups. I've set up several vivaria there for everything from mice to swine.

Salary can vary widely, depending on funding and the development phase of the product. Anywhere from $40K to $80K. Newer start ups with nothing near commercialization will often offer perks (more vacation, stock options, et cetera) in lieu of a higher salary.

Most amphibian research is academic, now that they no longer use Xenopus for pregnancy testing....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!