My New Spotty Golden Albino Axolotl

russell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is butters, look at her white spots!
I **** my self to start with as i thought it was a fungus but it appears to be her natural colouration!!
Has anyone else got such a coloured one??? Post pictures please!!!
DSC00437.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

This is Princess, she will have a second less twee name as time goes on

Attachments

• DSCN2174.jpg
    DSCN2174.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 3,652
  • princess may resized.jpg
    princess may resized.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 8,280
ah! Both of them are really beautiful!
Love the color and cute face!:p

I have the same one!
hes only a few months old and his/her name is mink:)
a few weeks ago some b*****d smashed the tank when noone was home so he was out of water for over 6 hours!
these creatures amaze me :)
i <3 my mink

btw how do i post a picture of my axolotls?

Wow they are so beautiful. wonderful coloring! and im glad mink was ok! who ever could do something like that and just leave poor mink without water, is someone i dont want to know. Butter and princess look like there poka-dotted!

and the way to post pics is use the advanced post. just press the "go Advanced" button, scroll down a bit to the managed attachment button. it will open a pop up and you can upload from your computer or another website. i hope that helped i dont think i forgot any steps. i look foward to seeing your little guys.

Edit: i did miss a step! before you press the go advance button you have to press the quick reply button.

Last edited:
My Swarley is spotted like that, especially on her tail. I don't have any current pictures that show it though.

my little matti has all these shiny bits(which i sure has a fancy name but i dont know what it is). ive never seen any spots on him or pix, but ive noticed no axolotl ever looks the same as another,

I think that the technical term is iridophores, but I'm not sure on the spelling. :eek:

my little matti has all these shiny bits(which i sure has a fancy name but i dont know what it is). ive never seen any spots on him or pix, but ive noticed no axolotl ever looks the same as another,

My two actually did look the same until they matured and one was male the other was female but from the front they are still almost identical! As naive as I was until I saw all the pictures from people on here I kinda just assumed all albino axolotls looked the same as I hadn't seen any before - I was proved very wrong :eek:

i think that Axolotls allow room for error;). there's so many things we dont know about them. i was practically clueless when i joined this site and i still have alot to learn so there's no shame in not knowing something about these little creatures. not around here at least. were all here to learn something and chat with people who are in the same boat. i was shocked by all the things i was wrong about when i joined. but i dont think it matters that we dont know something, just that were willing to learn and try:D

This is Chris it is 6-8? mos.

Attachments

• DSCF0044.jpg
    DSCF0044.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 14,462
  • DSCF0125.jpg
    DSCF0125.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 874
  • DSCF0216.jpg
    DSCF0216.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 11,497
Last edited:
I thought the same thing when I got Carlos here!
He's a lot lighter underneath, and the spots are most noticable on his tail

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 3,187
I had one like that :) Glorlim. But then he got a fungus and because he got it over a white spot I didn't notice in time. Pay close attention to those spots! you need to look really close to see if they're fuzzy or not

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372483546.111094.jpg

It definitely a common colour trait if the goldens :) very beautiful!

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back