Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Need some help with my axie!

Becco87

Reaction score
Hey!
I've jst joined the forum cos I'm having some problems with my axie, I've had him for about a month now but lately he hasn't seemed too well. He used to be really good and swim around a bit but mainly stay on the bottom for the first few weeks but last week he floated on the top for about 3 days and I was really worried. I didn't know what to do but then he seemed alright and returned to the bottom. But now he has returned to floating on the top for almost a week now so I'm really worried. I used to have to little fish in the tank and I'm worried that they were nibbling his gills so I took them out today. But I don't know whether he is bloated or someone even said he might be metamorphasing as he has not many gill filaments left and at first he was gulping for air and trying to propel himself out the water at first and then just floating. I think he might be quite sick or something but I really have no idea what to do.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it
Cheers
Bec

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!