Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help whit the light

Laila

Reaction score
Can you tell me fore how long I should let the light on fore me newt’s?? and if they have eggs.

JWERNER

Reaction score
If you are using lights cause of plants you should use them according to your day night cycle. Set up a timer if you must so they go on at the crack of dawn and off when the sun goes down. As far as eggs, if you could, explain some characteristics of what makes you think it is gravid or show pics.:D

Good luck,

Jay

Laila

Reaction score
Sorry but I don’t know what the word mane (gravid)?

I whose dust tanking fore how long do you have to have light on the eggs or if you due not have light on them??

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
You do not need to have lights on for your newts. Eggs don't need lights either.

JWERNER

Reaction score
Sorry but I don’t know what the word mane (gravid)?

I whose dust tanking fore how long do you have to have light on the eggs or if you due not have light on them??

Sorry I thought you ment for the terrarium it self, as plants will need light if you are useing live ones but the newts do not.
If you are useing live plants then I suggest useing some lights on a typical day night cycle as you probably know this.

Gravid means pregnant basicaly or egg bound/carrying eggs, and no, the eggs need no light.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!