Greetings from Poland

Odesseiron

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello, I'm new here, but I've made a few threads yet. Poland is known because of crazy twin-brothers who think that they're "hub of the universe". On behalf of all Poles: I'm sorry. In this case I'm not proud to be a Pole. Absolutely.
Anyway, I'm 15, I play basketball, I'm interested in snooker and Formule 1, use a bit nunchaku and tonfa.
I want to breed some snake, I've got terrarium yet.
I also photograph animals, especially amphibians and reptiles. years ago I was thinking about breeding newts, but finaly I bought fish. :) And I regret.
Emil

Sounds like you've got sooo many hobbies im suprised you have enough time for anything else! :D

If your looking at starting with newts you have come to the right place!

You may wish to start reading through this FAQ section http://www.caudata.org/cc/faq/faq.shtml
Im sure you will find most the information there extremely helpful!

Welcome to the group!

Carl

Thanks, that FAQ - reference is very helpful.
In my case is one problem. My family detests themselves of slippy species, not slippy also (snakes for example) And they (I think) won't need to feed my animal every third day when I'm absent, when snakes eat every week or two or more rarely. I'm sad because I really enjoy looking on newts. In Poland salamanders aren't the commonest caudates.
Emil

Greatings,

From America!:angel::D I hope you have fun, I have by just reading up on some of the old threads lately.

Good luck!

Thats unfortunate about your family

Just think of it as having plenty of time to aquire all the information you need until circumstances change. That way you will be fully prepared and will be able to provide the best possible home to a bunch of newts!

Looking forwards to seeing some of those pictures you take on here shortly I hope!

Carl

Welcome Odesseiron.
I waited close to 30 years before I got my axolotl, my parents were adamant that we had enough pets at that point ( dog, rabbits , 3 tortoise, a hoard of mice ,2 terrapins and a temporary slow worm.) so instead I raised frogs from frog spawn , stickleback fish, a couple of horse leach, and dallied with snails......now their garden is over run with snails and frogs :)
I wouldn't wait so long, but patience will be rewarded and in the mean time you can study and decide what you want.

"Just think of it as having plenty of time to aquire all the information you need until circumstances change. That way you will be fully prepared and will be able to provide the best possible home to a bunch of newts!"
Yeah, I call this "autosuggestion", happily I can also play, meet friends, not only think about situation.
I agree, preparation is very important, property of animals too.
"I waited close to 30 years before I got my axolotl, my parents were adamant that we had enough pets at that point ( dog, rabbits , 3 tortoise, a hoard of mice ,2 terrapins and a temporary slow worm.)"
Wow! I'm not so "animal equipped" :)
As both of you said. Without a patience there is no possibility to be a good breeder. I've been waiting for my first tank 3 years, cause I hadn't known parents reaction. I wasn't sure.
Certainly I won't give up because of people like you either.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back