Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

A funny thing that happened today...

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
This morning after feeding my mudpuppy I was just watching her as I sometimes do, when I got the idea to grab my camera. I planned on snapping a shot of one of her long "yawns" that I see sometimes. I thought I might get lucky. As I was waiting, thinking of "yawns" I started to yawn. My eyes were closed during that long yawn but when I was done yawning (this is all taking place right in full "view" of my mudpuppy) I opened my eyes to see the mudpuppy finishing up her "yawning". And they say yawning is "contagious". I know that mudpuppies have poor eyesight but I thought I'd just make a quick post on the silly subject. All in all I didn't get a picture.:D

koala

Asian Newt Group
Reaction score
WOW, WHAT AN EXCITING DAY!!!!!:violent: :ufo: :crazy: :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes in the morning when I get up, I walk to the bathroom or kitchen before I put my glasses on, and since I have three cats, sometimes they have thrown up in the night and I step in it. But since I have started with the newts, now I always have to think, Oh, I hope that slimy thing that just squished under my foot wasn't an escaped newt!!

MRIGUY

Reaction score
Dawn,

The way I can tell it is cate regurge and not newt is that cat regurge squished between the toes. It is one of the most grotesque feelings on the planet.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I haven't managed to step on a newt yet but I've stepped on lots of cat puke. It's not much of a gross-out for me anymore.
You don't think a newt would squish between the toes?

(remember, we're trying to wreak havoc while John is gone)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In my thankfully limited experience of accidentally stepping on amphibians they tend to pop and flatten :uhoh:.

I’ve got my eye on you two. Any reek of havoc and I’m setting Ed on the pair of you :D.

i_love_necturus

Reaction score
Haha:D Your joke isn't dumb Dawn, afterall I was the one who spelled wreaking havoc wrong in the first place. Come one Mark I was going to hae fun! Hehe,:rofl: I think its so funny how the caudata community gets along. You got to love it!:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1